WHAT IS FREEDIVING?
Freediving or apnea is the sport of breath hold diving where a diver descends on a single breath of air. People have practiced freediving for thousands of years mainly for food, for exploration and more recently for sport. Every time you hold your breath and swim underwater you are freediving!
It is important when learning to freedive, to understand the inherent risks and learn to dive safely with a qualified instructor, and never, ever freedive alone.
* It helps to stay fit and healthy
* It promotes awareness and control
* It helps to challenge your body and mind
* You can freedive anywhere - ocean, lakes
* You are free of any heavy equipment
* Surfers freedive to extend their breathing when caught in big waves underwater
* It is a stress reducer